This book aims to present the results of the research into the investment attractiveness of the Silesian Voivodship. The authors made an attempt to find the answers to the following questions: what determines the current attractiveness of the Silesian Voivodship as an area of investment expansion and which factors are going to determine its attractiveness in the future?
The objectives of the research were as follows:
– to identify the foreign investors who have invested in the Silesian Voivodship (the following criteria were accepted: an investor’s country of origin, profile of their business operations, industry, a company’s size, an amount of capital invested),
– to identify the objective and subjective criteria underlying the investment attractiveness and their reference to the Silesian Voivodship,
– to find out the place of the Silesian Voivodship in the ranking of attractiveness, compared to other Polish voivodships,
– to describe the strengths and weaknesses of the Silesian Voivodship, compared to the other voivodships, when it comes to attracting foreign investments,
– to identify the opportunities and threats that foreign investors face when they want to start doing business in the Silesian Voivodship,
– to identify the importance of the image projected by the Silesian Voivodship in managing the investment attractiveness of this region,
– to identify the role of the Katowice Special Economic Zone in attracting foreign investments,
– to describe the role of local government authorities in the voivodship, poviats, communes and other institutions when managing the investment attractiveness of the region in question.
The methodical objectives included:
– review of the existing measures of investment attractiveness and creation of the authors’ own base of measures for evaluating investment attractiveness of a given market, which can be used in direct research, critical review of the research methods and techniques, which can be used in direct research into the investment attractiveness of the Silesian Voivodship.